lunes, 1 de junio de 2009

ESO LO EXPLICA TODO



Sinfonia Agridulce, a mariachi cover of the Rolling Stones "Bittersweet Symphony".
Camilo Lara, Mexican Institute of Sound

It’s terrible because one day I woke up and I pressed play on the recording machine and there was this song. I recorded it the night before I guess, like, totally drunk. I was at the studio recording to mariachis and these guys, mariachis, always drink tequila when they are playing. So we started really early doing some recording and after like six hours or so we end up with like six or seven bottles of tequila. So we have some time off and I start playing with the idea of doing this track. So I got all the mariachis to play the song and I recorded it in one take probably. And the next day with the hangover I was like, wow, what a mistake because it is such a difficult song because it’s not the Verve song, it’s a Rolling Stones owned song. So I was like, OK, if this is not going to happen I’m just going to keep it as a rarity. But I asked for permission from the Rolling Stones and the next day they sent me the confirmation that they were OK with me recording it. So I think it’s great. I love the song. It’s a memorable anthemic song and doing it the mariachi way it adds some serenata flavor.

Esta es palabra del IMS.


SINFONÍA AGRIDULCE - INSTITUTO MEXICANO DEL SONIDO

SALUD and get drunk to sing with a mariachi band!!

No hay comentarios: